Monday 6 August 2012

Brief Intermission: Return to Ravnica

Taking a little pause between my YotD theme decks to talk a little about the upcoming Return to Ravnica set. In my excitement I decided to take one of those zany personality tests to see which guild suited me best.
I wasn't surprised to see that my answers to the test led me to:


Seriously, how cool is the Simic Guild? Designing your own creatures to adapt to any environment. For me personally I'd probably just stick to designing my own ideal pet or something but the idea of the Simic guild is one that intrigues me.

Okay, maybe I answered some of the questions knowing that the test result would be Simic but that doesn't mean that the answers weren't true! ;-)

Anyway, RTR is shaping up so far to be a pretty cool set. It has been confirmed that each guild will again have its own mechanic, however, none of the old keywords are making an appearance.

Populate is looking like the Selesnya keyword and it involves creating copies of creature tokens you control.

Now, as some of you may know the Simic Guild had disbanded and its leader, Momir Vig, was killed in dissension but I'm hoping they make a reappearance, though it won't be in RTR as the five guilds they are focusing on are: Azorius, Izzet, Rakdos, Golgari, and Selesnya.

I'm actually feeling a little inspired to make a Momir Vig deck but if I do it will be after our look at the Invasion and Planar Chaos dragons. Which I will try to wrap up as soon as possible but I make no promises. ;-)


Stay tuned for Dromar!

Thank you for reading, 'till next time.

2 comments:

  1. So the 5 guilds that are not going to be in this set will be in gatecrash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, but I don't think that info has been spoiled yet. Though some of the artwork that was spoiled would seem to suggest it though. =)

      Delete