Tuesday 5 June 2012

New Pet Card

My little brother recently got a box of some old magic cards that a friend of mine had to help start him and his friends at school off on their journey into the world of MtG. My brother is currently doing internal exams at his school now though, so needless to say, they were confiscated until his exams are finished. At which point he and his friends can then start going through the cards and building their decks.

Anyway on to the point. Today I figured I would rummage through the cards so that I could perhaps give my little bro some advice on what would be a good direction to go in based on the cards available. (After his exams of course.) There were some decent cards in each color here and there so each color is likely an equal candidate for whatever deck he chooses to build. Though I have to say that after stumbling across a couple of Phyrexian Reclamations I would strongly advise him to go black! xD

There were quite a few cards in the box so I would occasionally stumble across some old nostalgic cards from Onslaught as well as some other old favorites but nothing amused me more than Goblin War Buggy. I mean, look at it! How can you not love this card?

I decided that I would include one of these in any EDH deck I build that splashes red. Though I won't dip in to the box, those are strictly for the kids. I figure I'll pick one up on the interwebs or proxy one up if I have to.

Now for those of you who know me, you would know that Thalakos Deceiver is another pet card of mine so I'll let you know that this instantly trumps the Deceiver out of sheer hilarity. Though as funny as this card is, it doesn't trump Darksteel Colossus. Nothing does. Ever. ;-)

One last note is that I will now be looking for more artwork by DiTerlizzi because this one is a gem.


Anyways, thats all for today and I hope I was successful in educating you as to why you should be playing with Goblin War Buggy. =)

Thank you for reading, 'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment