Sunday 3 June 2012

M13 Spoilers!....Kinda

I've been browsing through some of the latest cards spoiled and it seems that we are indeed getting some commanders in the upcoming M13 set in July. Sadly, there aren't any acceptable pictures of these cards at this point so I'm not going to do a review on them just yet. What I am going to do though is introduce you to a new artist as he makes his first foray into the world of MtG artwork.

Now, I'm no art critic but this guy has caught my attention and I'm talking about Noah Bradley.


This picture has a certain serenity to it and the glow coming from behind the tree (the sunrise perhaps?) adds just the right ambiance. Just might be my favorite forest yet.
















Not much I can say about this one except: Beautiful. Its not as impressive as the Forest in my opinion but its good.












This one is very unique in that it captures a bird's eye view of the plains, I could be wrong but I don't think that that has been done before. Nice use of color for the land below and the clouds obscuring some of the view is a nice touch. I'm still more impressed by the Forest but I like this one a lot.














This is not a Noah Bradley piece but I had to feature the legend here. John Avon is notorious for his landscapes and looking at this piece here, its no wonder why.

This piece is right up there with Adarkar Wastes as one of my favorite land pieces ever.














Sorry for the lack of actual spoilers but the cards that I actually want to review have some terrible pictures as I said, so I'll wait until we get some better pictures before I start reviewing them.

Thank you for reading, 'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment