Friday 11 May 2012

Soulbond: Monogamy vs Bigamy

So I'm reading through the recently released Soulbond cards from Avacyn Restored and I noticed a discrepancy between some of the cards.

The explanatory/reminder text for what Soulbond does is:

"You may pair this creature with another unpaired creature when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them."






















"Both of them" leads us to believe that the pairing is exclusively between two creatures at a time yet on cards like Wolfir Silverheart it says "each of those creatures" while cards like Silverblade Paladin say "both creatures". Needless to say, this little quandary led me to the rules forums to make sure what the ruling on Soulbond was and it is indeed only between two creatures at a time. So then the only question I was left with was: Why the discrepancy?

Perhaps Wizards is trying to tell us that bigamy is wrong and you can only ever have one true soul partner.

Wolfir Silverheart huh? What a wolf indeed! ;-)

Anyways, thats my random thought for the day and I know I haven't posted for a couple days but I guarantee that more is on the way!

Thank you for reading, 'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment